Thursday, June 4, 2015

Fat Whining and Greetings

I couldn't go on with my day without sharing these 2 jewels. In light of my earlier post this morning I just have to share this with you. The mail man just delivered our office's mail, just this very minute, and as I opened it out-flopped The Wall Street Journal. Flipping through the sections I see the Personal Journal section and the lead story there? "Let Fat Back Into Your Life." No, really, I'm not making this up! I wish I was savy enough to take the picture and upload it from my phone for you to see, but you'll just have to trust me on this, it really does say that. What a Hoot! Secondly, and a bit more spiritual, although I'm not sure why this tickled me so. I was reading James 1 this morning and the first verse is usually read and passed over as unimportant, but then I read it again, first in the NIV version and then in The Message version. NIV: "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered amoung the nations: Greetings." Pretty non-descript. Understandable as to why one would overlook it. Greetings? Really? Who says, "Greeting" in this day and age. Whatever, I thought. and then I read The Message version: "I, James, am a slave of God and the Master Jesus, writing to the twelve tribes scattered to Kingdom Come: Hello!" Scattered to Kingdom Come? Hello? LOL. It's as if he's saying, "Hey, I have no idea where you are but, Hi ya'll!" LOL I am so glad that when my life is "scattered" my God does know where I am and sends his messengers to me to say, "Hi, I'm still with you." What great love is that?
(okay, I found a way with help from a friend, to put the picture here. Proof positive. LOL!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment