Saturday, June 27, 2015

Leave the Pounds to Him

So you must be wondering how the workouts are going. When I'm not working overtime at the office and going in to work at 5:00 am, I've settled into a flexible and even enjoyable workout routine. Monday-treadmill and elliptical for 45-60 minutes, Tuesday-pool for 45-60 minutes, Wednesday-dancing for 45-60 minutes, Thursday-workout time in the Word of God for 45-60 minutes, Friday-I surprise myself with one of the above. A co-worker challenged me to a water drinking contest. Whoever drinks half their body weight in ounces per day, wins. (I'm down to 7-20 ounce glasses to drink, used to be 8) So that's been an interesting event...more trips to the bathroom so there's some unexpected exercising! LOL I've not signed up for another 5K, but am strongly considering taking some basic dance classes at a local Christian Dance company called "Dance-A-Cross", just to learn some new moves. And my husband and I are painting a room downstairs that is to become our new bedroom. Yes, there's even a workout in that! The walls were painted red on the top half and black on the bottom with a silver chair railing between, so there will have to be more than one coat of paint used to cover the walls But that's okay. It's time we can spend together on a project and the shoulders and waist get quite a lot of exercising! The room we currently use for a bedroom upstairs will become my new study room. I'm converting my grandmothers old organ into a study desk and decorating the lid with the keys from the organ. Will post a picture on the blog when it's completed. How invigorating to have such a variety of exercise routines to choose from. One thing I'm learning though. I've been going in to workout by 5:00 AM each morning for almost a year now, maybe longer, and I'm finding that mentally working in the office during that 2 1/2 hours is so much more draining an exhausting that when I physically work out. Physically exercising definitely energizes me for the day. How positively revealing that news is to me. Never thought I'd ever say that about exercise. Wow. Don't give up on the workouts, even if you don't readily see a change they are helping, and your body, mind and spirit will thank you for it. God is doing an awesome work in and through you in the midst of it, so don't give up! I'm not. I've even put a new password on my work computer that reminds me every morning to keep going and to never quit. I'm also not focusing on the scale, but more on the exercising, and that's very freeing in itself. Whatever the Lord leads you to do, stay active in it and He will bless. There's more joy and pleasure in honoring Him than in thinking that you'll never get the scale to show the weight loss. Never thought I'd say this, but I've lost so much more mental and demoralizing weight than the physical, and He and I are both very okay with that. Don't get distracted by the pounds, get invigorated by the growth in your relationship with Jesus and leave the pounds to Him.

1 comment:

  1. How encouraging! Thank you for sharing...we all need to be reminded about the sheer benefits of exercise, that is, mental clarity, more mental and spiritual space...and, oh, those endorphins....addicting they are (LOL)

    ReplyDelete