Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Prayer Whine of the day: Jesus wasn't Fat!

Yesterday morning upon my arrival at the gym I first spoke to my Trainer. Worship and praise came first and then I presented Him my heart's cry. "Lord, may my life reflect your heart to each person I meet. Lord I thank you for helping me get fit and healthy for your kingdom's work. Father, I'm sick and tired of this fat around my belly. I just want to be like Jesus, and Jesus wasn't FAT!" I thought I was sincerely pouring my heart out to Him, and I was, but then He frowned, I felt it in my spirit. As I stepped on the treadmill I heard Him say, "Daughter, that thorn in your flesh is there right now for a purpose." And He led me to Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. I love The Message version's take on this passage, "Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn’t get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan’s angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn’t think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me, My grace is enough; it’s all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become." Realizing that I had been prayer whining I decided to change my tune. "Lord Jesus, you're so absolutely right! Thank you for this limitation. Use it for your glory. Bring others to you through this time of struggle in my life!" And then a new exercise cheer emerged, and as if from the grave of my whining heart, His Spirit within me gave flight. "I WILL NOT QUIT,I WON'T GIVE UP, FOR HE WILL ALWAYS FILL MY CUP I WILL NOT QUIT, I WON'T GIVE IN, FOR CHRIST IS FIGHTING THE BATTLE WITHIN!" "Praise You Jesus!" I shouted into the empty room. "Thank you God! Pour your life-giving water on me and may this sweat be a testimony of your power and grace!" Whew! What a great workout it became. And to top it all off...I thought this was enough, but God abundantly blesses, don't you know...He whispered, "Turn on Spotify on your phone." WHAT??? Spotify, Lord, really?? "Yes, turn it on as you continue to work out." I remembered I had downloaded the app some time ago and had put Mandisa's Overcomer album on there. And for the rest of my workout I sang with her, listened to her testimonies and we praised our God together. 45 minutes later the sweat was pouring off me and I was exhilarated! No more whining for me, not even in my prayers, no matter how sincere I feel I'm being. I WILL NOT QUIT! God IS at work within me and I thank Him for removing the weight of negative thinking, guilt-ridden condemnation and self-centeredness and replaced it with sincere joy in His presence, abundant peace in the midst of the struggle and His strength to persevere in weakness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment