Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I DID IT!!! DANCERCISING 101 & 102

I did it! I did it! I found that ONE thing that clicked with me for exercising. After writing the article for www.liveliving.org regarding motivation to transformation entitled, "The Beauty Within," something inside of me just started clicking into place. After accomplishing the 5K race in March I've been vacillating about what to do "next". This past weekend the Holy Spirit prompted me to pull out the CD's I used when I led worship at a previous church and I found that I have 50-60 CD's. On those CD's there must be 20-30 songs that I could use to dance/exercise to. I thought I just needed to burn the songs onto a CD and incorporate the steps. However, this morning I couldn't wait any longer and yanked the CD player off my work desk and took it down to the racketball workout room in the gym of my workplace, set it up and pushed the "on" button. Had no idea what steps to do but I just moved in worship and praise, incorporating what dance steps I remembered from 2nd and 3rd grade dance classes and some exercise moves I knew. IT WAS EXHILERATING! I sweated more dancercising than I did when I walked for 60 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical. Christian Zumba? Could it be on its way in? I've found my niche. Have even looked at taking a dance class (for senior citizens no less, LOL)to learn more steps and moves. This is only the beginning. I'm writing this just before heading to lunch but there will be more of my adventures into dancercising, you can be sure. Sorry this is so short but stay tuned for updates. In Jesus' name I'm off and DANCING!!! Woo HOO!!! SPECIAL NOTE: Strangest thing happened in the afternoon at work after writing this post. I shouldn't have been surprised by it, for every time you rise to a new level of intimacy with the Lord the enemy tries to dig his claws in and works even harder to stop the work of the Lord in your life. I was working away and from seemingly out of nowhere I was overcome with anger and frustration, with my job, boss, coworkers and felt like I wanted to walk away from it all. Thoughts like "why am I bothering to work out, I work and work and nothing, I just look stupid down there trying to "dance", I should be struggling more, not enjoying it more. Oh, I hate this place. I am so frustrated!" And kept getting blow after blow with thoughts that truly weren't of me. So I got up, seemingly to walk to the restroom, to escape iand sat down to take it all to my Lord. "God, help me. I need your truth and peace." He began to open my heart to recognize that Satan works with more force to combat me with lies when I'm on the path the Lord desires for me. While I may not be madly in love with my job, He has given me strong Christian women that surround me with support here and He's supplied a workout area totally free of charge. Struggles will come with any job but He is there to lift me up out of them. He came that I might have LIFE and live it to the full so enjoyment of that life is totally of Him. So I'm back this morning and exercising in His word and He takes me to Isaiah 41. I love verse 10 but here's a little snippet of comforting truth: verse 9b-"I have chosen you and have not rejected you," verse 10: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand," verse 13-"for I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear, I will help you." Isn't He just the most understanding and nifty Friend? Yeah, back at the dance tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. You are certainly on the path of discovery. It sounds so exciting. Everything else dims in comparison. This is what life should be about.

    ReplyDelete