Saturday, May 2, 2015

Transformation Training

Yesterday I posted part of the following on Facebook. Be transformed by the renewing of your mind, which will affect your thought-life and that will come through in your speaking-life. There's a verse, Proverbs 23:7, that says, "...as a man thinks in his heart, so is he." He may welcome you to his feast, but in his heart he's miserly counting the cost of what you will eat and doesn't really want you there. His thought-life needs a transformation. T.D. Jakes said in one of his messages, "If you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence"...and I thought he would go on to say, "to convict you?" But he didn't. He said, "Would there be enough evidence (in effect) to lead others to Jesus?" I know people who religiously attend church, are active in church activities and organizations and can speak "christian-eze" with the best of believers. However, during the week their everyday language is peppered with expletives, they talk about going to the bar to meet friends and drink, and they hold grudges and speak badly behind others' backs. Brother and sister, that ought not be so. Something in my heart aches when I hear them speak so. I don't wish to live my life like that. Sad to say there are times when I start to step into those pits and the Holy Spirit nudges my heart and raises His eyebrow. God expects more of His children than that. There's a song that has a part of a verse that says: "Even if others don't know your name, is there evidence that you've been changed?" Well, I have to stop and analyze: is there? When people meet me on the street or pass me by at work or step into my "world" wherever I may be, do they see Jesus, is there evidence to them that the Lord Jesus is fully involved in my life? I pray so. My first husband used to coin this phrase quite often: "Don't approach a vast project in a half-vast manner." We used to chuckle at that because if said rather quickly your tongue could twist and it would come out in a more cryptic way. But believers in Jesus, me included, need to approach our thought/speaking life as a "vast project", as one training for the Olympics. It's not that God won't love us if we don't think/act/speak "right"; He's about relationships, not religion. But as His ambassadors to the world, He has filled us with His Spirit and we ought to overflow with His thoughts/actions/speech. Discipline is required, and we are not alone in our "training" to be all He created us to be. On our journey to liveliving for His Kingdom's work every aspect of our life can be filled with life-speaking, inspiring, thought-provoking and Spirit-filled experiences. He came that we might live our life abundantly in His power. Let's wade into that life-giving water and be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Lord Jesus, I give you control of my thoughts and I eagerly desire to watch You transform my life. Speaking the truth in love, I'm just sayin'...Jesus, wash not just my feet, but all of me! Starting today, Holy Spirit, renew my mind to think as you think, love as you love, treat others as you would treat them so they might see You in me. I surrender that part of my life that is the old thoughtless "me", and I eagerly anticipate the adventure of experiencing your Spirit restore my soul, my mind, will and emotions. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment