Saturday, May 9, 2015

Quinoa Tortillas

I can't resist sharing this recipe. Bought the Tortilla press, now it's time to get the ingredients and make quinoa tortillas. Here's the recipe I found on www.TheGraciousPantry.com: 4 c. flour, 3/4 c. brown rice flour, 1 tsp, olive oil, 1 1/4 c hot water, Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix and knead until smooth dough. separate into 18 balls. Put 1 ball into plastic bag and flatten in tortilla press. put the tortilla in unoiled non-stick pan and cook 1 minute on each side. Will last in the refrigerator up to 3 days and is best served warm. Let me know if you use it and what you think. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Would love to make this, but is one of the flours made from quinoa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can buy quinoa flour but it's pretty expensive. What I've learned is I can buy quinoa, toast it on a dry pan on the stove, and then put it in the food processor to blend until it's flour consistent. Works well.

    ReplyDelete