Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cotton Candy

So I was reading in my devotional book this morning after working out on the treadmill and elliptical machine and read: Isaiah 55:2b-"Listen, listen to me and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare." The "eat what is good" part intrigued me, in fact, verses 1-11 fascinated me. Yet, the "richest of fare" part puzzled me. So I looked the passage up in The Message version and LOVED what I read. Read this: Verse 2 - "Why do you spend your money on junk food, your hard-earned cash on cotton candy? Listen to Me, listen well: Eat only the best, fill yourself only with the finest." (Don't you just love that?) Verse 3 - "Pay attention, come close now, listen carefully to my life-giving, life nourishing words. I'm making a lasting covenant commitment with you, the same one that I made with David: sure, solid, enduring love. (life-giving, life nourishing-how cool!) Verse 4 - "I set him up as a witness to the nations...And now I'm doing it to you:" (I'm a witness for God? Really? God is setting me up as a witness to "nations"? I see that not as a nation like a country, but as a witness to people groups. Verse 5 - "You'll summon nations you've never heard of, and nations who've never heard of you will come running to you because of Me, your God, because The Holy of Israel has honored you." (People I've never heard of? Because of You, O God, only because of You) WOW! Personalize this and it'll take you higher than you were yesterday. And those junk food and cotton candy quips? TeeHee. May that make you smile and cement your resolve to eat healthier than you did yesterday. In Jesus' name. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love that paraphrase....it certainly brings the scriptures to life.

    ReplyDelete