Thursday, April 23, 2015

Snack Attack Wars!

So this is the day at work where all those who have birthdays in this month (there are 3 in April) get to choose what they'd like to eat to celebrate their birthday. A cake is a given, but whether they want Mexican, Italian, BBQ, Potato bar or just a "treat" day, it's their choice. They've chosen to have today be a grazing treat day. Someone's bringing sloppy joes, another made-rites, others are bring condiments, and just general snacky foods. Oh Lord, I'm going to need to SING today!!! I had my microwaved scrambled eggs with fresh spinach and salsa for breakfast but Lord, I'm having an emotional day today because I miss my friend Mary, who died, and I've learned that I'm an emotional eater. I eat to comfort myself. God, help me, strengthen me, comfort me, protect me from foods that should not go past my lips. Yesterday, for Professional Associates Day, my supervisor brough 3 dozen cream-filled, glazed and sprinkled donuts. I didn't eat a one! That was tempting, but do-able. "What goes past the lips, stays on the hips!" Thankfully, I'm going out for lunch with my friend's daughter, Renee, and will get to bypass lunch at work. We're going to a restaurant that has salads, so thank you Jesus for your timing there. Then another supervisor took us out to lunch yesterday at Granite City to "celebrate" and I stayed strong and ordered only a cup of tomato basil soup (took out the crouton garnish)and 1/2 sandwich of tomato, 2 slices of bacon and sliced avocado. Funny story there. I was told before I we left that that restaurant had a healthy eating section on their menu. So I asked the waittress if that was true and where could I find that on the menu. She said (get this), "How healthy do you want?" "Well, healthy," I responded. No, we don't have anything healthy on the menu." REALLY? Well, al-righty then. My meal came with fries and cole slaw and I told her not to put that on the plate, I didn't want it. She looked at me with a puzzled look wrote that down and then proceeded to forget my cup of soup. All that came on the large plate was the 1/2 sandwich. Took 3 reminders to get the soup. So I'm thankful for my time with the Lord this morning in the pool. I praise him for time alone with him in His word. I WILL honor Him today by caring for this temple He's given me. I will sing to him in my heart and if necessary out loud. No matter what Satan says, no matter what he does, no matter how I feel, God's grace will get me through this day. Because I'm not alone, God has His angels right beside me. on my right, on my left, they're cheering me on!

1 comment: