Saturday, April 25, 2015

More Early Writings

02/25/15 John 8:28-29 - "So Jesus said, 'When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be, and that I do nothing on my own, but speak just what the Father has taught me. The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him." Father, may my desires become 'one" with yours. Yesterday morning we were told that our co-worker's niece, Grace, 13, committed suicide by hanging the night before. Our whole office is devastated. This morning when on the treadmill, I was praying for Tina and her family and my first excise cheer came to mind. "From the top of my head, to the tip of my toes, the sweat is melting the fat. I thank you Lord, I praise you Lord, I look unto your face. I thank you for your work in me, Walk forward in your grace." And that last word brought young Grace to the forefront of my thoughts. Her name means "God's favor." I hear the Holy Spirit speak to my heart, "Don't do this exercising for yourself, do it for the life she could have had, do it for your co-worker, do your workouts for others, to show them how full their lives can be when they invite Me along for the journey. Do this for that one woman who believes she'll never make it, never get the weight off, never shake off her emotional baggage. Do this for her that Jesus might be revealed in you." Amen Father, amen. From this prayer came this cheer: It's not about speed, it's about endurance. Walking with Jesus, walking with Jesus. Do it for Tyson, do it for Grace, Do it for those who can't run the race. Do it for Mary, do it for Grace, (added Mary after she was hospitalized) Do it for those who can't run the race. See them ahead? Cheering you on! All glory to God, The race has been won! 02/28/15 Joshua 1:7-9, NIRV (May His Word ignite your soul) “Be strong and very brave. Make sure you obey the whole law my servant Moses gave you. Do not turn away from it to the right or the left. Then you will have success everywhere you go. 8 Never stop reading this Book of the Law. Day and night you must think about what it says. Make sure you do everything written in it. Then things will go well with you. And you will have great success. 9 Here is what I am commanding you to do. Be strong and brave. Do not be afraid. Do not lose hope. I am the Lord your God. I will be with you everywhere you go.” 03/02/15 Luke 5:5 "Simon answered, "Master, we've worked hard all night and haven't caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets." That's what I feel like today Lord. I worked hard for 30 days, have only list 2 1/2 lbs. and my new exercise partner has stopped coming. I feel like Peter, "I haven't caught anything." Yet, because you've called me to this, I am going to register for that 5K in Fort Dodge today, I'm going to "let down my nets." Whether I lose another pound or not, I'm going to follow you. I'm going to give up all my own ways of thinking, of doing, of following the rules and step out in faith and come to you. It's a new fresh month Lord Jesus and I devote it and dedicate it to you, and follow your direction. In Jesus' name, because you say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment