Saturday, April 25, 2015

Lift Up Your Knees and Run! (Early writings)

I was looking through my journal this morning and re-read some of them. I'll put some of them here for your encouragement. This one was written February 7th, 2015. "Lift up your knees and run, Lift up your knees and run. A new thing He's starting, He's only begun, So lift up your knees and RUN!! Psalm 119:105 - "Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light for my path." In order to obey your instructions I must believe your "instructions" are true and they are true in my life today. Do I believe your word will shed light up on my walk with you? Will it encourage me as I go? Do I believe it will illuminate my knowledge and understanding of the direction you want me to go? Will it surround my walk with the glory of your presence? Fill me with a peace that the direction I'm going is right and right with you? Do I BELIEVE that? It's true whether I believe it or not, but when I believe it's true for me now, i will step forward into that truth. 02/12/15 Tummy Cheer Your tummy's got that ring of fat, The time of sitting has got to stop, So suck it in and pull it up, Suck it in and pull it up. When you're jogging and feel it flop, Just suck it in and pull it up. Suck it in, pull it up, Suck it in, pull it up. Before you know it, it'll stop, So suck it in, pull it up, Suck it in, pull it UP! Okay, so it's not the most spiritual cheer, but at the time it motivated me to focus, and it gave me a chuckle and encouragement to enjoy the journey. 02/14/15 Psalm 33:20-22 - "We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you." Wow. Thank you father. I know your eyes are on me and your plan and purpose for me will stand firm. You love me with an unfailing love. In you I can not fail. Wow. Thank you. I bought that figurine today. The one I've been looking at for the past year at the second hand store. It stands about 6 inches tall, is white and depicts Jesus as a carpenter with tools at his side and a tool box in His hand. Today is Valentine's day and my birthday is a couple days away. I didn't care about the cost ($7.50), it's been mine since I first saw it. I don't know where it came from, but it spoke to my heart. Just sayin'. You are fashioning/building a new Marilyn and I know I can trust my Maker's chisel and saw with the life He's given me. For You love me just as I am and who I am is emerging into your likeness. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment