Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Dear God, That HURTS!

Monday morning upon arrival to the gym for my time with the Lord in the pool I read a sign on the pool door that says, "Pool closed for electric shock treatment. Sorry for the inconvenience. The pool will reopen on Monday." Well, it's Monday; granted it's 5:00 AM, but it is Monday. Doesn't matter, I can't get in to the pool. So I say to myself, "That's okay. I'll just shower, dress and head upstairs to exercise in the Word of God." Shower goes fine, towel off and begin to dress. I grab my socks and reach down to put them on and WHAM!!! I knew I had moved wrong, I'd twisted in reaching for my sock and my lower back screams in pain. My voice echoes that pain and frustration. All I want to do is put on my sock, for crying out loud! I shout out, "Dear GOD, THAT HURTS!!!" I took me 20 minutes to put on my socks, then another 5 to slip on my slacks, and still I sit there. I try to get up and there's no support in my legs to do so. It takes me another 10 minutes just to stand. "I don't need this Father. I don't want this!" I realize the misalignment in my back is probably a hold over from dealing with the Achilles tendon strain that has affected my spine's balance. I know that, but Dear GOD, it HURTS. Slowly, I get dressed, do my make up stuff while still sitting, and have to lean against a wall to blow dry my hair. As long as I don't sit down and have to stand again I'm fine, but that's not going to get me anywhere; and as long as I'm walking, carefully, but walking, the pain lessens. It's the rising up and finding my balance on my legs that makes my low back scream. But I can't quit, so I do what I have to do to function through out the day. Grab that Motrin and take it sister! Just keep moving. It's now Tuesday, I've been to the gym and walked slowly on the treadmill for 20 minutes and on the exercise bike for 5, showered, dressed and have made it to work. Quite an accomplishment, but Lord Jesus, I'm frustrated and I hurt. "Daughter, it's the rising up and finding your balance that's the hardest part of your journey to liveliving. Don't quit. I am with you wherever you go. Just keep walking, keep moving, keep eating right, keep thinking right, keep your eyes, heart and mind on Me. I am the Motrin to see you through the pain. I love you and am so very proud of you. Do it slow, but keep aligning your life with My will and I will do more than help you function, I will strengthen your life to be the crown jewel I see in you." Thank you Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment