Friday, April 10, 2015

You're Not Alone

This is the morning before the 5K and as I was preparing to step on the treadmill for one last trek before the race I was stretching and praying to my heavenly Trainer. I voiced to Him my fear of walking tomorrow's 5K alone. I've done a couple other 5K's, but each time my husband has walked with me, I wasn't alone. His presence near me was very comforting and encouraging to keep on. However, this time, I'm on my own, and fear grew as I stepped on the treadmill. Father, give me something to take with me on the journey tomorrow. I can't do this without you. Maybe I shouldn't do it, maybe it'll be too much. And deep in my heart I hear His voice, "Daughter, you're not alone, my angels are bside you to the right, to the left, they're cheering you on!" His words became my new cheer for tomorrow. "I'm not alone, His angels are beside me to the right, to the left, they're cheering me on. I'm not alone, His angels are beside me to the right, to the left, they're cheering me on!" A smile breaks through. Encouraged, another 5 minutes pass and I begin to sense something going on with my left heel. I knew when I put my socks on this morning that there was a small, pea-size hole by my heel, but it's been there before and I had no problems so I thought no more about it...until now. I realize a blister is forming and know I can't stop, so a previous cheer comes to mind: "Satan, no matter what you say, no matter what you DO, no matter how I feel, His grace will see me through. Heaven's gates are open, His strength and power is mine, my heavenly Father is leading me straight to the finish line, because...I'm not alone, His angels are beside me to the right, to the left, they're cheering me on...because it's not about speed, it's about endurance, walking with Jesus, walking with Jesus! I do it for Tyson, I do it for Grace, I'm walking for those who can't run the race. I see them ahead, cheering me on, All glory to God the race has been won! So I look up, look out, and set my eyes on Jesus, I look up, look out, I'm walking with my King! And realize I'm not alone. Ever. 50 minutes have passed and the now nickel-size blister is a factor, but I'm not quitting, no matter what happens, His grace will see me through. That and a good sized bandaid. All glory to God, the race will be run!

No comments:

Post a Comment