Friday, March 20, 2015

At 20 Minutes You're Almost There!

That's what I kept saying to myself this morning. After such a let down 2 days before when I could only walk 20 full minutes I was determined to do a full 40 minutes on the treadmill today, at 3.2 mph. Satan tried to stop me by telling me, "Ah, you'll never do it. Look how wavy you are with your steps, you're walking like a drunk. Just stop now and go take a nap. You're wasting your time." So after praying for strength, the Holy Spirit that lives in me said, "You know, at 20 minutes, you're half-way there. At 20 minutes you're half-way there, Look to Me, you're half-way there, Look to Me, you're half-way there." I was encouraged and repeated that until I did reach 20 minutes. Well, I'm going to 40 so what do I say to keep focused now, Lord? "At 30 minutes you're three-fourths there, at 30 minutes you're 3/4 there, at 30 minutes you're 3/4 there, Lift your hands and praise His Name." I kept repeating this one and raised my hands to praise Him each time. Well, praise His name I did make it to 30, Lord, what do I say now? "At 40 minutes you'll be there, at 40 minutes you'll be there, you'll be there, you'll be THERE!" Did that for the next 8 minutes and then it hit me, "At 40 minutes you'll be there, at 40 minutes you'll be there, you'll be there, you ARE THERE!!" Praise His Name! "At 40 minutes I was there! at 40 minutes I was there!" I had made it the full 40 minutes at 3.2 mph. 2.18 miles. With a 4 minute each warm up and cool down that made it 48 minutes. Tomorrow I'm walking the 5K on the tread mill at 3.2 mph. Glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment