Friday, March 20, 2015

From Death to Life

Yesterday morning we were told that Tina, our co-worker's niece, Grace, 13, committed suicide by hanging herself the night before. Our whole office is in a state of shock and despair. Even so, I went to the gym to work out on the treadmill this morning. As I was warming up I was praying for Tina and her family and my first exercise cheer came to my mind: "From the top of my head, to the tip of my toes, the sweat is melting the fat. I thank you Lord, I praise you Lord, I look unto your face. I thank you for your work in me and walk forward in your grace." And that last word brought young Grace to the forefront of my mind. Her name means "God' favor." As I'm pondering her life I hear the Holy Spirit speak to my heart, "Don't do this (exercising, etc) for yourself, daughter. Do it for the life she could have had; do it for TIna, do your workouts for others, to show them how full their lives can be when they invite Me into their life and along for the journey. DO this for that one woman who believes she'll never make it, never get the weight off, never shake off her emotional baggage. Do this for her, that I might be revealed in you and give hope to that one person I want to touch." Amen, Father, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment