Friday, March 20, 2015

Throw It Where It Belongs

I was hugging a friend who is dealing with a lot of emotional baggage, tears were flowing and I kept trying to tell her before the hug that once she gives it to Jesus He will set her free. I could tell she understood but was still carrying it. However, something happened in the midst of the hug. I looked over and saw a large empty Skippy peanut butter jar and I said to her, "That Skippy jar looks really empty." She looked at it and said, "Yes, I was going to wash it out and recycle it," and was turning it over in her hands, showing me that it really was empty. It truth of that empty peanut butter jar hit me and the Holy Spirit spoke through me and said to her, "Yeah, well, it's empty, has no substance, no useful purpose to your life, throw it away." She turned it over looking at it and again I said, "Sweetie, it's empty, just like your emotional baggage, it serves no healthy purpose, you don't need it, throw it away." She looked at me and again I said, "You know you want to. Go ahead, throw it away." And the next thing we know into the trash she tosses it. "Doesn't that feel better? To throw away that thing that is empty and useless in your life, your health? Recycle it into the trash. Don't keep it around to remind you of yet another thing you haven't let go of. Put it where it belongs, in the trash." She said, "Yeah, it does feel better," and wiped away the tears and a smile emerged.

No comments:

Post a Comment