Friday, March 20, 2015

My Journey to Liveliving

My journey to living fully alive began when I was considering losing weight. I had tried so many programs, Inches Aweigh, Curves, counting calories, looked into gastric bypass (which my insurance wouldn't pay for) and many other options only to no avail. Being a Christian I finally decided to ask the Lord about it. Surely there was some way He could help me lose weight. So I prayed about it and went on the internet to look for a Christian angle to become not only physically, but spiritually fit. I found LiveLiving.org and logged onto that website to see what they had to offer. I found what I was looking for and more. I wanted to be healthy in mind, body and spirit and there it was, so I contacted the website to see if they had a bible study I could use to become healthy in all areas of my body. Author and creator of the website, Etta Dale, responded, stating they were looking to start something like that on-line, but I wanted a bible study that I could share with other women and out of our many conversations was born LiveLiving's Health and Wellness Bible Study, The Ten Commandments for Living a Healthy and Fit life. Wow! Was that ever an eye-opening adventure. The study gave me a solid foundation to beginning this journey to living fully alive in every area of my life, not just in losing weight. That was in 2009. Foundationally, I was set, but little did I realize how much baggage I had carried into this journey and much had to be unloaded to arrive at this point in my life. Many failures occurred and I so wanted to quit and give up, but I knew God had a plan and quitting wasn't an option. That was 6 years ago; so much emotional, mental, physical and yes, spiritual legalism baggage has been dropped into the waters of forgiveness and I have again taken up my cross to continue my journey with my Lord Jesus. This blog is my "journal" of this new phase of my adventure into His plan and purpose for my life. I hope you are blessed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment