Friday, March 20, 2015

It's Not About Speed

Psalm 139: 1,4 & 5 NIV O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me." It may seem trite or even juvenile to someone who literally RUNS a lot, but for someone who hasn't even jogged in 40 years and is 100 lbs. overweight, the exercise cheers the Holy Spirit gives me and the cheering on I get from my Trainer Jesus are my life-blood when I step on that treadmill. I've been feeling guilty that I'm not jogging like the Couch to 5K instructions tell me to, but have been speed walking at the same rate of speed instead. And this is what He gave to me this morning: It's not about speed, It's about endurance. Walking with Jesus, Walking with Jesus. It's not about speed, It's ALL about endurance. You're almost there, Walking with Jesus, Walking with JESUS!! Also, I took a selfie last Friday after I exercised. I looked hideous. You know, you know you're heavy, but when you see an actual picture without all the cover up clothing. Um, Um, Um. Not pretty. But I took another selfie (front and side views) today, one week later and you know, I'm beginning to see it. It's slow, but the weight is coming off. I really can see it in the photos. This is going to be a weekly thing. Maybe I will get my nerve up to eventually put them on this blog, just for accountability sake. Keep looking to Jesus, Keep looking to Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment