Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I Will Show You

Monday was a tough day. My personal goal for Monday (after walking on Saturday with a 3.3 mph walk for 3.1 miles), was to increase my speed to 3.4 mph for 30 minutes. Sounded good and right to me. Problem was, it was my goal, not my Trainer's goal for the day. I did increase the speed to 3.4 mph but could only walk 20 minutes. "Okay," I said to myself, "It wasn't 30 minutes, but it WAS 20!" Still, I felt I had failed...again. I kept repeating, "I will not quit, walking with my Savior; I will NOT quit, walking with my King!" but 20 minutes was all I could do. Made for an emotionally tough day. So yesterday, Tuesday, I decided, with my husband's encouragement, to work out in the pool instead. The pool is where I go when I need one-on-one time with my Lord. It's 5:00 AM and no one is in the whole 8-story building by me and Jesus. I worship Him, sing to Him, talk to Him about whatever is on my mind and do exercises in the pool. He sits at the end of the pool listening and encouraging me. Normally. Yesterday I could hardly look towards him. I was ashamed and felt I had disappointed Him. Yes, I do beat myself up rather well. Do you know what He did? Nothing. Didn't ridicule me, chastise me, condemn me or "I told you so" me. He just sat there and waited for me to talk. Once I shared my heart with Him He gently said, "I didn't instruct you to increase the speed." I know, Father. "Remember, it's not about speed, it's about endurance, perseverance, trusting Me to show you the way you should go." I was reminded of His words this morning after I returned to the treadmill and walked 30 minutes at 3.3 mph. He sent me to Genesis 12:1-"The Lord said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you." He basically said the same to the rich young ruler in Matthew's gospel. I hear a theme here. "I will show you." He then confirmed his words when He sent me to Psalm 138:8 - "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; your love O Lord, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands." Back on track Lord. I will look up, look out and continue walking with my Savior. I will look up, lok out and walk with my King! I will not foresee my own future. I will surrender that all to Jesus, for I am the work of HIS hands, not mine. May your name be honored in me, O Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment