Friday, March 20, 2015

Rain Down on Me

Okay, so I walked a 5K this past Saturday morning at 3.2 mph in 59 minutes. The goal for this week is to increase the mph to 3.3. Yesterday, Monday, I determined to walk 30 minutes at that speed and did it, which is great, but as you know if you're reading my blog, what I'm going through as I walk becomes a lesson from Jesus which becomes a new exercise cheer. Lately, I've been tempted to keep looking down at the digital read out to see how long I've walked, the eyes just keep looking down, and the Holy Spirit said to me, "Don't look down, Set your sights up higher." But, I so want to look down Father. "Don't look down, set your sights up higher. Don't look down, set your sights up higher!" So I raise my eyes higher on the wall and although I don't succeed in not looking, He drives home the point that, as my dear friend Etta told me, "The body cannot go where the mind has not been prepared to go. The Lord wants me to elevate my mind by renewing it daily!" So today I'm determined to walk 40 minutes at 3.3 mph. I know this is going to be tough, and then I hear, " Don't look down, set your sights up higher, Don't look down, set your sights up higher, Looking to Jesus, Looking to Jesus." "Okay, Lord, but it sure would be nice to actually look AT something. All I see is a bare white wall." And as I'm looking forward and raise my eyes higher I see a shadow outline of Jesus with his arms stretched out. As I keep walking it appears he is moving back and forth as if He's walking just ahead of me. "Oh, I can focus on that Lord! I can surely focus on that!" Thinking this is where He's taking me today I keep walking towards Jesus and then I start to feel drops of sweat falling from my head to my shoulders and chest and the phrase comes to me, "The sweat is melting the fat because...His love (2,3,4), His peace(2,3,4), His grace(2,3,4), is raining down on me. His love...His strength...His grace is raining down on me. Rain on me Jesus, Rain on me Jesus." And before you know it I'm at 40 minutes at 3.3 and my cheer changes to "Your love(2,3,4) Your strength(2,3,4) Your grace(2,3,4), is reigning down and in me, Your lov(2,3,4), Your peace(2,3,4) Your grace(2,3,4) is reigning down and in me, Reign in me Lord, Reign in me!" I want to interject one thing. In the midst of all this I'm very aware of my weakness to quit and my heart cries out to him in song, "I need Thee, oh, I need Thee, every mile I need Thee. O bless me now my Savior, I walk to Thee." You are my refuge and my strength, my very present help in times of struggle. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment