Friday, March 20, 2015

Live In Victory Every day!

Today is set aside for me to exercise in God's word. He's led me to Isaiah 40: 28-29, which reads: "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." I don't ask why, Father, but I do want to ask what is your purpose for this burning inside me to lose weight and be fit? I've been at this now so sincerely since the first of January 2015 and haven't lost a pound. What's your purpose? It's just you and me right now Father. Am I totally off track? Wasting all this effort for nothing? His response: "Daughter, you have it, you have the answer you seek there on your computer's screen saver. My purpose for you is to "Live so others Win!" Live so others see Me, come to Me and win. Win eternal life, yes, but as you're learning, there's so much more to a relationship with Me than life in eternity. Really look at the word 'live'. You like to do this but see it this way, "Live In Victory Every day". Starting now, fully, to overflowing, joyful, exciting, fulfilled, rich life! That's what I long to give each one of my children, beginning in their lives immediately. Dump the weight, the baggage, the guilt, the fear, the depression and mistakes of the past on me. Lay them at the foot of my cross and LIVE!" "All that huffing and puffing you're doing as you walk on the treadmill? That's a metaphor for the "weight" that is holding you back from fully walking with me. Give it to me, remember? My yoke is easy and my burden is light." At this point I thought, "Where is that verse?" and went to look it up. It's in Matthew 11:28-30. Oh, my dear God! When I read it in The Message version it said this: "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me-watch how I do it. Learn the unforced, rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with Me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." WOW. WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment