Saturday, March 28, 2015

Back on Track

Okay, I'm back on the treadmill track, with a little twist. This week has been a difficult one because it seemed the harder I worked the further behind I got. So yesterday (Friday) as I struggled to walk my first 10 minutes at 3.3 mph I realized something had to change. Something was changing in me and I needed to pay attention. I did another 10 minutes and my body just stopped. Feeling defeated I got off the treadmill and walked around the gym too cool down and wound up near the elliptical machines. "Why not?" He said to my heart. I've never stepped on an elliptical machine before and from what all I've heard it's not an easy machine to get used to, works other muscle groups and looked like a challenge. "You're up to a new challenge, daughter. Let's do it." So I stepped on the foot pads and off we went. I was invigorated, I was doing something new, different and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it'd be. I worked five minutes and felt revived. Yes, when I got off my legs felt like jelly, but I also felt a sense of accomplishment. I know I can walk the 5K, but that's not the be all, end all of my journey to live living. This new change is what I needed. I'd walked a 5K the past 2 Saturdays and it was time to go at it from another angle. I kept hearing, "It's not about speed, it's about endurance!" Okay Father, guide me to endure. I'll follow your lead. I can't quit. I must look up, look out, keep walking with my Jesus. This is His purpose for me right now, no matter what satan says, no matter what he does, no matter how I feel, God's grace will help me through. At one point on the treadmill he prompted me to shout out "GRACE" and I marinated on it's meaning for some time. Grace is God's favor in my life. He loved and loves me so much that He sent His Son to die for me that I might have blessed fellowship with Him. What are a few challenges to me? He will walk me through those valleys. Today is Saturday, March 28th. Next Saturday is April 4th and the next Saturday is April 11th, the day of the race. When I tell others I'm training for this 5K many say to me, "Oh, I've done a lot of 5K's, no big deal." Well, yes, that's probably true. I've done a couple 5K's before myself. But this one is different. This time it's just the beginning of His purpose for my journey to live fully alive. There's so much more ahead for me and Him. I've been at this since January and to be honest with you, I've not lost weight, physically, but I'm believing God that as I continue this journey He will take care of that. What's of greater importance is to do my best to balance my mind (thoughts), my body (get fit) and my heart (grow in intimacy with Him). I am so excited to see what He has in store for me next. A 10K? a half-marathon? A marathon? Don't know. From a worldly point of view that'd be logical, but God's logic goes deeper and I desire to be open to His leading. I will continue to balance my exercise plan to be as fit physically as possible, but mustn't neglect the other areas of my life that He desires to become fit. I WILL to speak life to myself and others. I WILL to get so physically fit that the medicine I'm currently on can be discontinued. I WILL to encourage others to know Him more intimately I WILL seek His heart and become fat in the knowledge of Him. I AM His child and am successfully obeying His will. In Jesus' name, may He be glorified in my mind, body and spirit. LET'S DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment