Friday, March 20, 2015

I Can Do It!

My exercise plan this week is to walk solid increments of time, increasing by 5 minutes each day. So Monday I walked 30 minutes at 3.2 mph for 1.8 miles. Today I walked 35 minutes at 3.2 mph for a total of 1.86 miles. Wednesday it'll be 40 minutes, Thursday 45, Friday 50 and Saturday however long it takes to walk a 5K. Next week I'll up the speed to 3.3 for 5 days, the following week 3.4 (I hope), so that by April 11th I will be ready to, if not run or even jog, speed walk it at a good rate. Anyway, that's the physical aspect of the plan. Mentally, He's given me another cheer: "I can do all things through Christ and Christ is doing all things through me by the power of His Holy Spirit who LIVES and abides in me!" It's not about the weight loss at this point, it's about consistency, focus, being faithful to honor God with each step of faith I take. Romans 6:11 encourages me to "count myself dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus." and in verse 13b He drives home the emphasis to "offer myself to God, as those who have been brought from death to LIFE; offer the parts of (my) bdy to Him as instruments of righteousness. For sin (doing things my way to please me) shall not be (my) master, because I am not under the law, but under Grace." I've been set free to fully LIVE the life He's called me to. All glory to God, my race will be won!

No comments:

Post a Comment