Friday, March 20, 2015

How You Gonna Live?

Galatians 6: 12, 13b, 14, 15b & 16; Galatians 5:16 (NIV) "Those who want to make a good impression outwardly are trying to compel you to be circumcised (obey all the rules under the Law). The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ...'they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your flesh." (Living by the Spirit Paul goes on to write in verse 14a)-"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,"..."what counts is a new creation." Galatians 5:16 - "So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature." I know how the rich young ruler felt in Matthew 19:16-22. He thought he had kept all the commandments, lived right and wanted to know of Jesus how to get eternal life. He earnestly desired to fulfill what he thought was God's best for his life. He'd done all the right things according to the law given by God to Moses and still hungered. What more could he do? Sometimes I feel that way in this journey, what more can I do? I'm eating right, exercising, preparing for a 5K, reading the Word, speaking life to myself and others, and still see no "results" (from a worldly point of view). What more can I do? Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell all your possessions and give to the poor, and you'll have treasure in heaven. Then, come follow me." The guy was holding on to his comfort zone. Pure and simple. Jesus told him he must needs let that go, think of others and look to Him for His comfort, His fulfillment. Jesus would show him the way he could live fully fulfilled (righteously). The saddest verse is #22- "When the young man heard this he went away sad, because he had great wealth." What is it I'm clinging to that prevents Your life from flowing fully through me Father? Daughter, if I desire you to be the fittest fat person you know, will you be okay with that? If you never lose another pound, but still allow me to touch others through your story, which world-wise seems to have no grand outward results, will you be okay with that? Remember, the world looks at the outward appearance, but I look at the heart. Choose this day whom you truly desire to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment