Friday, March 20, 2015

God's Anointing

The scripture verse for the devotion for today is from Joyce Meyer's book "Hearing from God each Morning" is from Exodus 30:31-32, NIV. "This shall be a holy oil...It shall not be poured on man's flesh." In part, she wrote: "Only God's anointing can allow me to do what He has called me to do. Otherwise, I'm of no value to anyone. I must walk in love or I won't carry His anointing because God does not anoint the flesh (our own desires and selfish attitudes or behaviors). He does not anoint carnal behavior. We really must walk in love because that aids and increases the anointing on our lives and the anointing is what empowers us to do what God has called us to do. God's anointing is His presence and power and it enables us to do with ease what we could never accomplish with any amount of struggle on our own." Father, reading this is no coincidence, is it? Forgive me. I'm pausing right now to marinate in this and examine my motives for this weight loss journey. Am I walking in your love? Is this desire to be healthy and lose weight selfishness on my part? Am I wanting you to bless/anoint my physical flesh, my own desires, is this for my own purposes or yours? I understand there's a balance--is your will pre-eminent in my life? I earnestly desire your power and presence to be evident in every step of this journey. Show me my sin that I might confess it to you and step forward in your love, reaching out to other so they might seek you. In Jesus' name I pray. Daughter, I am with you. This journey you are on has my blessing and I will keep you balanced throughout it. I've given you my Holy Spirit to encourage you to examine your motives as you go. This is a good thing. Breathe, relax and enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment