Friday, March 20, 2015

The Race has been Won!

I'm in week 3 of the Couch to 5K training. Instructions are to warm up for 5 minutes walking, then run 1/4 mile (3 minutes), walk 90 seconds and run 6 minutes. Whew. I've made the decision not to run/jog, but to speed walk at the same rate of speed and today I speed walked my very first 6 minutes. Didn't think it would ever be possible but the Lord was with me, and gave me more than I could ever think was possible. He's added a verse to the last exercise cheer. Here it is: It's not about speed. It's about endurance. Walking with Jesus, Walking with Jesus. Do it for Tyson, Do it for Grace, Do it for those Who can't run the race. You see them ahead, Cheering you on, All glory to God, The race has been WON!!! 2 Chronicles 20:1 says, "After this Moabites and Ammonintes with some of the Meunites came to make war on Jehoshaphat." Weird verse to read today, but Joyce Meyer in her devotional states that you and I have enemy "-ites" chasing us all the time. Well the "can't-do-it-ites" are running away from me now. God gave me strength, He gave me focus, He gave me breathing techniques, He gave me peace, He gave me confidence, He gave me joy, and He gave me victory. Today. Thank you Father

No comments:

Post a Comment